Friday, November 30, 2012

C4T # 4

For my fourth C4T, I commented on Brian Bennett's blog, "Educator, Learner: Trying to Lead By Example". The first entry I read was posted on November 5, 2012, and is about altering the school schedule for all ages to prepare them better for college and professional life. Bennett says that flexible blocks of time where students can choose when to come to class would be best. Like picking your schedule for college classes and working a 9-5 job, this schedule would be more realistic. I commented and said I have never thought about this before, but to a degree I think it makes sense. I think it's interesting and could better prepare our students for their future.
The second post I read is more recent and is about students' apathy about education in general. The unthoughtful response of "I don't know" has taken over Bennett's classroom and it troubles him. I commented and said that it is difficult to motivate students who don't really try and I wish there was some way this could be changed. I agree with him that giving the answer to a student who won't even attempt to discover the answer on his or her own is only making matters worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment